Weekenders: Backyard Burgers


Occasionally my mother takes me out of the house so that I would "see the sun" and occasionally I willingly go, because sometimes dressing up and putting makeup on helps me feel a tiny bit better.


Or sometimes, like today, my craving for bacon comes above everything else.


Backyard Burgers has two locations in Davao: BB Central in Quirino and BB South in Ecoland. The one in Ecoland is easy to miss even with their sign outside, so you'd really have to look out for it if you're not too familiar with the area. There's not much parking space outside, too. It was a good thing they weren't busy when we got there.



BB South doesn't look like much from the outside in the afternoon, seemingly lonely and empty. To be fair, activity in this kind of place seems to peak at night. I like it better this way, though. I was able to take pictures of my food and eat my burger sloppily without being conscious of the judging eyes of fellow diners.

  
I thought this was nice because I'm a sucker for customized stuff like this. And it's in my favourite color.
What would my mother's Facebook be like without pictures of flowers and her food? There's nothing wrong about taking pictures of your food before eating it, as long as you don't take so long that it's gone cold!




Admittedly, the BB Cheesy Bacon Burger I ordered did not satisfy my craving, but that's probably because it's more burger than bacon, which isn't its fault in the slightest. It was still a pretty good burger, though! I was pleasantly surprised that it was not too juicy to make the buns soggy, yet not at all dry! Of course, it's best eaten right when it's served, and we ordered the simpler burgers, so it could be a little different with the bigger ones.

Was it worth getting out of bed for? Not really, but I don't regret it either. I'd probably go back the next time I get a craving for burgers.


Backyard Burgers
#88 Quimpo Blvd, Ecoland Phase 1
Davao City

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment