1953 Kusina Leticia


Before heading off to Singapore we got to eat lunch at 1953 Kusina Leticia, a place my brother has been interested in for a while now. It's hard not to be intrigued. The building's exterior is very eye catching with its glass face and minimalist sign in front. Looking in, you can see its simple yet classy interior as well. For a place that sounds "old", it definitely looks very new.





I suppose I'm not really a good reliable judge of a restaurant's food quality. My brother (he is the food person around here) seemed to really like the food, while I thought it was good but not mindblowing. There were interesting twists to regular dishes, such as an unagi style catfish, but I honestly prefer my catfish deep fried because I'm, as kids these days say, basic af.

That's not to say that their food isn't worth checking out. I think this the kind of place you take that fancy friend visiting Davao whom you've already taken to all the other places so you're running out of a restaurant to impress them with. I'd say it's more of a family place than a group of young adult friends kind of place, and it seems better suited for dinnertime affairs than lunch. It gives off that feeling.





As for their prices, as usual it's pretty expensive for a restaurant in Davao, but most of the items on their menu are for sharing. So depending on how big your appetite is, I think it's not too bad for a fancy family dinner. Mostly you're probably paying for the place, their really heavy plates and cutlery, and the good service.

They have some parking space in front of their building, but they do share it with the Japanese restaurant next door. Apparently both restaurants are under the same management or something, because one of the servers told us we can also order from the other if we wanted anything from there. Since they take reservations for big parties, I'm assuming the parking space can get filled up at times.

Anyway, I think it's a pretty decent place! If there's a next time, I'd like to properly look at the menu instead of just letting someone else order for me. Maybe then I'll enjoy the food a bit more!



1953 Kusina Leticia
#10 Juna Avenue, Juna Subdivision,
Matina, Davao City
operating hours: Tues - Sun, 11AM to 10PM
facebook: @1953kusinaleticia

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment