Diary: Singapore Day 1


Since I don't really keep up with airline news or whatever, I don't know how I ended up finding out that there are direct flights from our city to Singapore. But this discovery somehow led to my mother deciding to spend her birthday to Singapore, so off we went with my aunt (who she shares a birthday with) and my cousin. As expected of a budget airline with limited flights, our plane was late and we arrived in our destination later than scheduled. When making itineraries, always take into consideration travel times and late planes!

We spent our first full day in Sentosa Island. One of my aunt's requests was to ride the cable car but my mom isn't good with heights, so we opted for the shorter route that is the Sentosa Line. You can enter the island via the Sentosa Express monorail from Vivo City and alight at Imbiah Station where you can buy tickets for the cable car. Of course, if you have the money to spare and you're interested in a longer cable car ride, you can buy tickets for the Mount Faber Line which includes entrance to Sentosa at Harbourfront Tower.









After a quick lunch at Starbucks, we hopped on the monorail again back to Waterfront Station. I realize we could have just walked from the Merlion Plaza to Resorts World, but it was a very hot day and we'd be doing a lot of walking for the next few days anyway.

Ah, man. I really wanted one of those spring collection tumblers. I just can't justify spending so much on them even if they're SO PRETTY.




I already wrote about the S.E.A Aquarium three years ago when I first visited it so I won't get too in depth about it here. However I did notice quite a number of changes they made since then. For one, the entrance to the aquarium is now waaaay at the back part of the building. The front part is now a full fledged Maritime Experiential Museum. The Thousand Sunny* is still there, but you don't go through it anymore to get to the aquarium.

(*It's not actually called the Thousand Sunny. As I mentioned in my old blog entry, the ship thingy just reminds me of the fictional ship from One Piece.)

While you need to buy tickets to enter the museum, you're free to check out the souvenir shop located at the side of the building. They have interesting things for sale there too.
















Unfortunately, they already have a barrier thing preventing visitors to go up to the big aquarium. There's still space to sit in front of it if you wish, but you can't go up to it like in this video of me from three years ago. You can, however, go to the smaller dome area thingy and sit on the window sill seat things. The view isn't as impressive, but some of the fish come up real close!

Going though my old photos to compare, I realized I didn't find the exhibit area with the axolotls and arowana anymore. I also missed the little manta ray things... I wonder if they got rid of the exhibit entirely or if they just moved it somewhere else. I really wanted to see them again!

By the way, the candy store at Waterfront Station is really cute. We were definitely not the only ones taking pictures outside. I'm not really interested in candy, but I guess it would have been interesting to see what kind of stuff they have...






Our last stop for the day (at least before my aunt's friend picked us up and treated us to dinner--IT WAS DELICIOUS, THANKS). Honestly, there's not much to see here but I've somehow never been before and I keep seeing all my actor boys posting photos of them posing here whenever they're in Singapore, so I figured I should be just as cliche. That, and my aunt really wanted to see it too.

The problem with being the designated photographer is that there's no one to take flattering photos of you. That's okay! I think even a very skilled photographer can't make my ugly non-photogenic face look good anyway.

A post shared by しゅうや🍰🎮 (@galacticlycoris) on

It was a very very tiring day and the next two days are even more tiring. I can only hope my companions had as much fun as I did... which is maybe a little questionable... Hey, I planned this itinerary four months in advance. If they weren't interested in the aquarium, they had four months to tell me that, right?!

Day 2 was The Big Day and it went really well in my opinion. Stay tuned for some Minions because of course I took pictures!

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment