Makeup! (Or: I Can't Be Sad If I'm Cute, Right?)


Drugstore makeup isn't always "cheap" here in the Philippines. Even if they were, who am I to say no to free stuff? Sometimes there's expensive makeup among the shiny things my mom receives from her friends. However, I'm more than happy to take even the cheapest things off your hands. Thank you very much!

  
We got this one from the local grocery store, though.
Makeup is something I didn't get into until relatively recently. While my peers came to school all made up and pretty, barefaced me didn't take interest in the fine arts of making myself presentable to the general public until much later. I honestly still don't know much about makeup now, but I'd like to think that I'm getting better at tricking myself into thinking that I'm pretty.


  
I don't even know where I'll wear purple eyeshadow to.



These days I put makeup on to make myself feel better. Whenever I'm in need of a pick-me-up, I put some color on my face and layer my selfies with a bunch of filters. The color of my lipstick can be an accurate indication of my emotional state at any given day. Nothing says danger like red lips!

  
My first and only MAC lipstick. I will be forever grateful.
This photo doesn't give justice to its pretty coral shade.


A long time ago, I got a bunch of Clinique samples that also contained a tube of the same mascara. I liked it a lot so I was very happy to receive a new tube. I hope I can make this one last me longer! My cheap makeup remover stings my eyes though, so there is a need to shop for a new one. That's probably something I shouldn't skimp on...







Maybe someday I'll finally reach the level of makeup mastery that will transform me into a proper magical girl. For now, I'm looking forward to playing with these new toys and upping my cuteness potential a bit more!

Bonus:

  
This is one of the things my cousin brought back from a vacation in Korea. Thanks for this too!

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment