Mission Unaccomplished


There is nothing to say about Army Navy Burger + Burrito that its name doesn't already explain. It's literally a military themed restaurant specializing in burgers and burritos. Having a straightforward name is a good thing, I suppose. I like knowing exactly what to expect to find in the menu.


They have branches in Abreeza and SM Lanang. The Abreeza branch is at the outer side of the mall so you have to go out and around to reach it if you parked at the underground parking spaces. They have a few tables outside if you don't mind dining al fresco, but on rainy days like today, their small dining area inside is all there is.




It was underwhelming. My mother wasn't happy with her chicken sandwich and neither was I pleased with my burger. I found the patty too big for something that was rather bland. The Cheese Fries wasn't cheesy enough, which I probably should have expected since I have yet to eat fries involving cheese sauce that had more than just a drizzling of cheese. Once you get through the fries at the top, the fries at the bottom are bare and, frankly, tasteless.


Perhaps the least disappointing thing we ordered was their Libertea. That's a sad thing to say because it wasn't even good. It was just okay and my mom didn't even like it. I like that it wasn't too sweet like how iced tea in fast food restaurants tend to be and yet it's still not something to write home about.

Of the two times I've seen this place (it's not somewhere you just happen to pass by, after all), the tables have been mostly taken so they clearly satisfy a good number of people. Maybe their burritos are better, or perhaps their quesadillas and soft tacos. Maybe my mom and I are just outliers in this case. Anyway, Army Navy's burgers just weren't our thing so it's unlikely for us to return any time soon.

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment