Classic Savory


Admittedly, Classic Savory is the kind of place I often overlook when deciding where to dine. I don't know exactly why but I suspect it has something to do with the fact that at first glance, the restaurant looks like all it has is chicken. That's not a completely baseless assumption considering that their logo features, you know, a chicken.



Their branches in Davao are in SM City Davao (ground floor) and SM Lanang Premier (third floor). A quick Google search tells me that there's also a branch in Abreeza. This one is in SM City Davao.

Classic Savory's pride is in their chickensomething I only vaguely remember eating a long time agobut it turns out that they also offer Filipino and Chinese dishes in their menu. Since I didn't want chicken this time, I was hoping they'd have something else I might like and I was pleased when the first thing I saw upon opening the menu was the Salt and Pepper Spare Ribs.

  
If the way to someone's heart is through their stomach, salty meat is the key to me.
I liked it! The saltiness was just right so it was pretty satisfying and it wasn't super oily so the fatty part wasn't gross. I would have eaten more if I didn't take a big bite out of the other dish we ordered. That's how easily I get full.



The crab foo yong might look a little like brain pudding. It's honestly more egg than crabmeat but I found it very filling anyway. It took up way more space in my tummy than I expected it to though, so I wasn't able to eat more of the spare ribs (which I preferred by virtue of the fact that it was meat and salty).

Reviews on lipsticks would describe some shades as "my lips but better". I feel like Classic Savory is like that, only it's "like home but better". It gives off that kind of feeling, at least. While the food is not anything life-changing, it's worth keeping the restaurant in mind the next time I find myself trying to decide where to eat.




Classic Savory
Ground Floor, SM City Davao
(082) 282-3186

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment