The Banapple of My Eye


My brothers were the ones who introduced us to Banapple. I don't remember exactly what I ate the very first time we went there, but I definitely remember eating pancakes at some point and being absolutely floored at how fluffy they were.

Such is the reputation of this place that the locations I've been to are mostly, if not always, full. Tables are often taken immediately after someone leaves and some branches even have people waiting outside for tables to free up.


Their branches were not very easily accessible for us, but they recently opened a branch at Gateway Mall so my mom got a little excited... Okay, I was a tiny bit excited too, though it's mostly because of their cute interior design.




  
Bacon Fried Chicken Steak with Milk'shroom Gravy
I'm an actual creature of habit and those habits extend to the food I order from the places I return to with any degree of frequency. Bacon Fried Chicken Steak with Milk'shroom Gravy is what I always ask for because I love bacon and I really like the gravy. Please stop judging me.

  
Chicken Parmagiano
  
Breaded Fillet of Cream Dory with Honey Thyme Mustard Sauce
Their servings are bigger than the usual serving you'd find at Filipino restaurants. Whenever we eat here, I always have to share, though these days I'd like to think that I'm getting better at eating more than half a serving.

  
Dark Chocolate Tiramisu Cheesecake
If savory meals is not your thing, their cakes are definitely worth the visit too! A slice is often enough for us to share for dessert because their cheesecake is very thick and the size of a slice is pretty big. It gives the feeling that they don't skimp on the ingredients, which I can't know for sure because I'm not exactly a Master Chef judge, but we have never had anyone try their cheesecakes who had anything bad to say about them.

  
Chocolate Chip Walnut Pie
  
Blueberry Cheesecake
Banapple is on Zomato where there's a list of branches and their menu. As far as I can tell, they serve basically the same things in all their locations, except for their pies and cakes.

If you happen to be in town, definitely stop by one of their locations! Their cheesecakes alone are worth the effort, but everything else on their menu is worth a try too.

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment