The House of Katsu


Manila traffic is absolutely insane so we try not to go to Makati if we can't help it. But sometimes we find ourselves there anyway, and when it's dinnertime, the grumbles of the stomach can no longer be ignored.


This time my brother's never ending search for good food landed us at Yabu in Glorietta 5. Yabu's claim to fame is their katsu, boasting of such perfection that their website says they'll replace your food or return your payment if you're not satisfied with what you were served with.

They also have a few others on their menu if katsu is not your thing.

Please excuse the weird cellphone photos! I didn't bring my camera and I'm not very familiar with my phone's camera settings.



The breading was very crispy so it was a little too scratchy for me, but overall the food was very delicious. My ebi katsu was served with too sauces of some sort. I have no idea what they were, honestly, though I absolutely loved both anyway. The fruits (watermelon and pineapple slices) were great as well and you can ask for unlimited refills for your rice bowl too.

As always and like any other place in Makati, Yabu is expensive. It's really good food, though. If you're looking for a treat or just in the mood for some deep fried breaded goodness, put Yabu on your list!

There's a Scribe branch right a few paces from Yabu, where I discovered that they carry similar products as Stickerrific... That's a story for another time, though!




Yabu
2F Glorietta 5, Makati Avenue,
Makati City

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment