Stickerrific!


Decent art supplies stores are hard to find where I live. National Bookstore, while abundant in the Philippines, are never consistent with their stocks. They offer very few choices and almost never what I need.


Since I have issues with the local postal service, I much prefer buying my supplies in person.
Stickerrific has an online store, though.

For a long time I've been following Stickerrific on Instagram, looking longingly at their washi tapes and stickers, their cute cats Luke, Leia, and Chewie.


A photo posted by nozaku (@galacticlycoris) on

As my trip to Malaysia neared, I searched for places I can find art supplies that I can't get at home, but all of the good ones are too out of the way from where we're staying. Stickerrific was one of the two I really wanted to check out but they're both in Petaling Jaya so I thought I wouldn't be able to visit them. Fortunately, on the day before our flight, we were able to brave through the haze to go to Jaya One.

We got lost looking for Stickerrific, since it's a tiny shop in a corner at a very big and confusing maze-like place. Jaya One is not a very visitor-friendly place, if you're not the type who just magically knows where to go. There were colorful pictures and little signs outside, but since it says "The Corner Shop" on the glass, I thought it was a different store. I really should have known anyway, since it's the only arts and crafts supplies store in the place.


Before I came in, I had a mental list of things I wanted. All of that was forgotten the moment I entered the shop. One can't help to just want everything.



They had sections for stickers, calligraphy supplies, stamps, and washi tapes. There are cute little accessories around the shop too, like an old typewriter and a jar of tapes with a little black cat on the lid. Everything was so cute and pretty. It's not a surprise that someone like me would want to take all of these things home.

Luke was sleepy when we got there but the other cats were walking around and jumping on tables.



These are what I ended up getting!

→ 01 Sakura Pigma Micron in brown
→ Sakura Mat tubes in Red Purple and Purple. I already used the purple on this Chase doodle.
→ Sakura Koi waterbrush. I've already since used it on current sketches and doodles.
→ Campap watercolour paper 300gsm. I wanted to try actual watercolour paper for once, since I usually just use whatever sketchbook I have or vellum board.
→ Three different washi tapes I wasn't at all planning to get. One of them is space themed, though, so how could I resist?
→ I was eyeing the Finetec pearl paints for a while now, specially since my jar of gold poster paint isn't travel friendly. So far I've used them on my current work in progress!

There's always a feeling of guilt when buying things for my hobbies, whether it was my money or someone else's, so I tend to hesitate and overthink. It's partly why I take so long browsing in places like Kinokuniya and Daiso, and still end up not buying anything. Then I regret not getting whatever it was I was thinking of getting.

This time, though, I was determined to not think too much. Regret is a terrible feeling!



Stickerrific
Level 1, The Square, Jaya One
72A Jalan Universiti
46200 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor, Malaysia

Operating Hours: 12nn - 7pm
Closed on Mondays

April M.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your post! Thank you so much for dropping by our little store, this makes me so so happy you have no idea! Can you email me your address to stickerrific@gmail.com? I want to send you a postcard as thank you :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete