Flower Dome and Cloud Forest


I honestly didn't expect I'd be able to return to Singapore ever again, much less soon, but here I am with a buttload of photos, so strap yourselves in. It's going to be an image-heavy blog entry!

After getting off at the Bayfront MRT Station, you can take Exit B and follow the underground linkway.

It was a rainy day when we headed out for the Gardens by the Bay, but we took the train and the way was mostly covered, so we didn't get wet. We did sort of got on the wrong train, though, so we got to the place a lot later than we probably would have otherwise!



There's a shuttle service that takes visitors to the cooled conservatories. Theoretically you can walk to those places, although it would take more time if you don't know the way and it was raining anyway. Note that the shuttle service doesn't operate when there's heavy rain or lightning!


Upon entering the Cloud Forest, you will be greeted by this artificial waterfalls. It's very cold.




Before you enter the mountain-like thing in the Cloud Forest, there's a display of carnivorous plants made of Lego. I'm a little bit disappointed that they aren't real, although I probably would have been terrified if they were! Some of the Lego plants were pitcher plants. I'm pretty sure Victreebel was based on them.



At the top is a little garden thing they call "Lost World". The mist effect is pretty nice and I like how it's sort of a secret garden. There's a different area called "Secret Garden" at the lowest level, though, and since the Cloud Forest is designed so that visitors can experience a rain forest in all its levels, I found the lowest level scary. It felt like some animal was going to jump out at me any minute!



I scraped my knee trying to take this photo.




The roller coaster-like thing winding around the mountain is actually a bridge.




This is the view from the lowest level.

The Flower Dome is a separate conservatory. Standard admission tickets for tourists already include both conservatories while local residents can buy separate tickets.

















The rain has stopped by the time we left but it was still cloudy and hazy. If we had a little more time, I probably would have insisted we try to go up the Dragonfly Bridge. However, I had set an appointment to meet up with a friend for dinner, so we went back to Harbourfront as soon as we could.


If you're traveling with kids who aren't interested in nature, I suggest skipping the Cloud Forest and the Flower Dome since they're basically just mini forests but without the animals. There were a few kids and teenagers with us, perhaps with their parents, and they looked absolutely bored. It's probably better to take them to the S.E.A Aquarium instead.

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment