Tiny Kitchen


Hello there! Suddenly it's February! The last few days of January was a blur because I was frantically trying to catch up with Nirvana in Fire 2, which started last December. I completely forgot about it over the holidays so I was more than thirty episodes behind by the time I started! How'd your January go?

Unsurprisingly, this is a late entry. We actually ate at Tiny Kitchen last month and for a while I was debating on whether to post this, mainly because the photos I have are not up to the standards I wish to stick to on this blog. Obviously I decided to actually post them anyway, that's why we're here now. I figured this blog is kind of like my art: if I want to get better, I have to get into the habit of actually doing it no matter how bad the end result is. A badly executed idea is better than an idea that wasn't executed at all.

I swear I will get back to posting better photos... at some point!


Although they call it Tiny Kitchen, the place is actually not what I would consider tiny. I have eaten at much tinier places. It's just that the lighting is quite dim, at least when we were there, so it felt a little cramped. There's also a wall separating the restaurant's dining area from their bakery's (?) dining area.

The food is quite pricey, but their serving is pretty big. They serve Spanish cuisine, if I'm not mistaken. Their specialty seems to be paella. My brother described the place as a cross between Conti's and Banapple, though I think it has a more Conti's vibe to it. They have a very crowded menu so it can get a little overwhelming...




While their food is good, I thought the serving was too big so in the end we didn't have enough room for as much dessert as I was looking forward to eat. Their selection of cakes was honestly more interesting to me than the rest of their menu, so it was a bit of a disappointment on my part. I am really not meant for food trips, unfortunately....

In lieu of placemats, they have large sheets of white paper, which I found quite annoying. Maybe it's easier and cheaper for them than printing something more customized, but oil stains and such are a lot more visible on the white sheets so it was really difficult to take nicer photos.



Their desserts were really good! Someday I want to come back to try just their cakes. Their dessert menu even lists which ones of their cakes have received awards and such. I am, of course, very unfamiliar with the foodie scene or whatever it's called, so I have no idea about any of these awards. But if they're proud enough to display them on the menu itself, then they must be pretty legit, right?

Considering how the serving for the rest of their menu are too big for me, it was a surprise when the slices of cake turned out to be normal-sized. But that's not a problem at all. If you have more room in your tummy, you just have to order more, right?





Tiny Kitchen
F. Torres St., Poblacion District, Davao City
phone: (082) 305 9232
facebook: @tinykitchendavao


April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment