Is It Too Late Now To Say Sorry?


I have absolutely no excuse for being two months late with posting these photos. It's not as if anything major has happened in my life lately that completely consumed my entire existence, aside from Nirvana in Fire. But that doesn't even count for much since I binged watch it in like a week and I could have managed editing photos and writing a short blog post in between crying over it, consuming all available fanfiction, and making art for it.


Seriously, though. Watch the thing.

So. Aside from that, things that have happened in the past month since I last updated was Pokemon GO. It's a nice, fun game that forces house potatoes like me to walk outside. Except that it's not as fun if you live far from the city center, in a city that doesn't have many interesting Pokemon. The few times I was out and about to actually play, I just keep getting Voltorb and Magnemite. Sure, it helped me get one of those badges, but what are badges for, anyway?

My friend and I went to a cemetery because that was the closest place that had multiple Pokestops. Two stops had lures at like 7PM: "Ominous Tree at an Ominous Place" and "Memorial to the Unborn Children". Fun times.



Earlier in July my brother celebrated his birthday at Conti's. It's a nice place with good food. They're quite a popular place that gets really, really packed during the holidays. You'd actually see super long lines during Christmas just for their cakes. One of the things they're known for is their Mango Bravo. It's delicious, but I can never finish one slice all by myself. It's just too big! And they're not very photogenic when they're cut into slices, although it could only be that I lack the skill to make them look good in photos...







Then, later that same month, I made cupcakes for my aunt's 60th birthday party. I experimented a bit with royal icing transfers, which was quite fun, just that my piping skills leave much to be desired. Practicing and experimenting does help if you've got no one besides the internet to teach you things. I learned a few new things I otherwise wouldn't have had the motivation to even try and it was an interesting experience.

The party's theme was travel since my aunt likes to travel a lot! They had this really cute cake made for her. I feel like cakes like this are a little too troublesome to cut and store so I wouldn't really want one for myself. But I enjoy looking at them and watching them get made. These days I've been watching those kinds of videos on YouTube. I think they're very interesting!

I forgot to ask who made the cake! D:



My cupcakes were dark chocolate cupcakes with Nutella and peanut butter frosting. I was quite pleased that they were gone quickly~ I'm not sure if it's because the cupcakes were good or the display was just very attractive. Either way, it was quite a boost to my ego.







That is... pretty much it. Really. If I was required to report on my daily life to strangers on the internet, there's really nothing else I can say. Following me on Instagram would tell you as much. But if you're interested in watching my friends' reactions to Nirvana in Fire, I've posted a few videos. I occasionally post process videos too, though I haven't been drawing much lately. I record with my phone, which has very limited memory, so I don't always do it even if I enjoy recording. I'd use my DSLR, but I don't have a decent video editing program, and I don't think my art is worth that much effort and video quality anyway! If you ever feel terrible about your art, you can always watch me mess up hahahaha~ 

(Seriously, though. Watch Nirvana in Fire.)

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment