For Your Crafting Needs


Please forgive the lack of proper pictures this time around. Someday I'll be brave enough to actually take out my phone (or bring my DSLR around when I'm commuting?) and take lots of pictures in the shops I go to. I feel like I used up all my courage when I asked to take a few pictures in Stickerrific forever ago, so I don't have much to show for on this post.


Anyway, some time ago my friends and I decided to check out Crafty Lane because I saw on their Instagram that they have a stall of sorts in the city. We got lost because my friend was looking at the address on their Facebook (which was not accurate) but we eventually found ourselves at the right place. It turns out that they don't actually have a shop. It's just a small nook at the back of an ice cream shop that had a limited display. It was a little disappointing, though not that bad because we did get to drink some nice tea and since they didn't have what I specifically wanted, I didn't end up spending too much.




They have a nice loft area thing that you can rent for crafting events and stuff like that. It was pretty cool. The place is really nice and I'd like to try their ice cream too. If it wasn't so far away, I'd definitely come by often.

Of course, since I went through the trouble of going there already, I didn't come out empty-handed. I've been curious about the Pilot Petit3's tip thing and I've been wanting to try inking with something other than black and brown, so I got one in pink. Hopefully I'll be able to use it more during Inktober! I kind of regret getting this version instead of the fountain pen one, though it should be interesting to play with this and try to get used to it!


Crafty Lane mostly operates as an online store, so do check out their website. They have lots more to offer and recently they opened pre-orders for Hobonichi stuff! They're most pens and washis, though they also have waterbrushes and watercolor sets, like the Kuretake Gansai Tambi Starry Colors. There was this really nice starry sky washi tape in their store too, but unfortunately it was way over my budget. Some things really were not meant to be.

Another place we visited was Which Craft Shop. This shop's focus is definitely more into crafts. Tools I've only ever seen on crafting YouTube videos can be found here, like die cut machines and fancy punchers. They have a lot of planners and accessories, adult coloring books, brush pens, stamps and inking pads as well. While the rest of the shop has a lot to offer, their washi tape selection is far too limited to be worth a glance. It's more for the serious crafters and calligrafriends than casual fanartists like me, though I did get these awesome washi tapes from them.




This shop is a lot more accessible for me than the other one so I might consider dropping by again one of these days. Their pens are the only ones I'm interested in for now, but I do want to take pictures of the place the next time I'm there. It was too intimidating the last time because the place was very quiet and it somehow didn't feel friendly enough for me to get comfortable. Even with my friends around, somehow it still felt like I was intruding... Perhaps a strongly crafty space like that is just not for the kind of person I am? Haha~

It was really nice to know that these shops exist in my city. They're not quite the ones I've been hoping for, but they're pretty close. At least now when it comes to craft supplies I am no longer limited to whatever the local Daiso has to offer or whatever National Bookstore decides to have on the particular day I am visiting any one of their branches. Next time I'll just go on an ice cream date and grab a nice pen while I'm at it.





Crafty Lane
FTU Shop and Creamery
JJ Commune, Loyola St., Obrero, Davao City
website: craftylane.ph
facebook: craftylaneph
instagram: craftylaneph

Which Craft Shop
3F Abiva Bldg., Mac Arthur Highway,
Across NCCC Mall, Davao City
facebook: whichcraftshop

April M.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, this is Maan from Which Craft Shop and thank you for this blog. Im so sorry if you felt the place was intimidating and that it seemed you were intruding --- you most definitely are not :) If music wasnt playing, the staff probably was crafting behind the register thus she was mousy quiet. We tend to do that when we are "creating" lol. I went through you IG and I loved how you used the washi tapes you got from us. Sorry that we don't have more --- we only have a few curated selection that you can't easily get from other stores though. Like Those Caution and Keep Out tapes, don't they rock? Those are my personal favorite. We hope you'd come by again and you are most definitely welcome to take photos :) Say hi when I am there, I may have something for you as a keepsake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no, I'm pretty sure that was 99% on me being generally awkward and uncomfortable in the real world. =u=);;; I really love these tapes, though. I try to use them as much as I can!

      Delete