Hello Kitty Café


One night while wandering in the basement level of Uptown Place Mall, I looked up what restaurants were there so we could try it for dinner. That's how I discovered that the Hello Kitty Café was on the third floor. We ended up just eating at the dining area of Rustan's (their rotisserie chicken was pretty good, actually), and since the next day ended up being a very busy day, I didn't think of the cafe again.

I didn't (and still don't) think it was a dinner kind of place anyway.



The day before Valentine's Day, my mother and I had a lot of time to kill and we once again found ourselves walking to Uptown Place Mall. I suddenly remembered that Hello Kitty Café was a thing, though I wasn't sure they had anything on their menu for lunch. We checked it out anyway and I was absolutely floored by how Instagram perfect the interior is! Since this was completely unplanned, I didn't bring my camera. My mom's phone camera is really good, but I don't think it did this place the justice it deserves.

(As a very long aside, one of the things I really enjoyed about my relative's condo is its close proximity to everything. I like being able to just walk to places! It's unfortunate that there's still so much construction going on that most of the sidewalks aren't serviceable, but it's still pretty easy to get around just on foot. It's a refreshing change from almost everywhere else I've stayed at where the complicated dance of public transportation has groomed me to prefer rotting to death at home over going out to do groceries. If this Hello Kitty Café was located anywhere else, I probably would never have been able to set foot in it.)





I was lucky we got there early enough that the place was still empty. I was able to take these pictures without having to worry about bothering other patrons. By the time we finished our meal, the tables were already starting to fill up.

We had the smoked salmon pasta which was really nice and creamy, just the way I like it. Although I have very simple and plain tastes, I still find creamy pasta from a lot of fancy pants restaurants to be absolutely tasteless. I was pleasantly surprised that this time wasn't a let down.





I really should stop eating at a new place for lunch when it clearly has very appetizing desserts. Thankfully this time they had smaller choices so we tried out two of their profiteroles. We had blueberry, which really did taste like the usual blueberry flavor, and oreo, which was a lot more subtle but I, with my very plain tastes, liked it a lot because it wasn't sweet. I love how smooth and creamy the filling was and the puff itself was also just right for me.

The only negative thing I can say about this place is that it's really expensive. However, I do think it's worth what you pay for. The food is very delicious, the presentation is really nice, the place is very beautiful, and the overall experience is enjoyable if you're into this sort of thing.







Hello Kitty Café
3F Uptown Place Mall, Taguig, Metro Manila
facebook: Hello Kitty Café Philippines
instagram: hellokittycafeph

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment