Diary: No Alcohol For You


It was already dinnertime when we arrived in Kuala Lumpur so after dropping off our stuff at the place we're staying at, we went to get dinner nearby. Our feet took us to El Cerdo, a place in Bukit Bintang that serves Spanish food.





Their seafood pasta was great but I should have known that it would be far too spicy for me. My mouth was burning in the end, even when I tried to wash it all off with my fresh watermelon juice.




The service was such that they actually gave my mom a hook for her bag and me a stool for my backpack to sit on. While I prefer keeping my bag on my lap because it helps keep me warm, I'd have felt really bad for not using the stool they set for me. It's not bad, of course. I'm just not used to that kind of service at all.


At the end of the meal, they served my parents a shot of something alcoholic and gave me a shot of watermelon juice. Not that I drink alcohol anyway, but for the record, I am old enough for booze.

The next day we went to Pavilion and picked up a few things from Daiso (I got some yarn!), but I wasn't able to take any pictures there. I have, however, taken some recently and plan to take more in the next few days.


Suria KLCC is easily accessible from there via a long footbridge and a tunnel. This tunnel sometimes has really fun and colorful ads, but this time it was mostly empty.


This shopping mall has not changed at all since I first came here ages ago. It has lost most of its magic for me, specially now that I've realized how crowded it really is. I'm still interested in taking a few pictures of the twin towers, though. Next time I'll definitely go out and test my new camera with it.



Whenever we're here, I always try to find excuses to go to Kinokuniya. It is the only place in this mall that I will never ever get tired of. You could probably leave me there for hours and I'd be totally fine. The main area does get crowded because the aisles are narrow and the layout of the place is confusing, but the Japanese section is always mostly empty and quiet, and it is like a piece of heaven for me.

  
A very expensive heaven that I cannot afford, but heaven nonetheless.

Pictures are actually not allowed in the store so I nervously sneaked a picture of the cafe on the second floor and of the fountain in KLCC park from outside the window. I took a few with my phone at the Japanese section too, which I posted on my fandom twitter.



When we passed by KLCC's cinema, we saw that they were still showing Jurassic World. My dad wanted to watch at Pavilion, though, so we went back but they didn't have it there anymore. We watched Mission Impossible instead. (It is what you would expect from a Mission Impossible movie: mildly entertaining and very impossible.)

Ice cream before the movie!

Dinner after was at Tokyo Don in Pavilion's Tokyo Street where I got ebi tempura that I very much enjoyed. We were also served some weird appetizer. I have no idea what it is and I'm not sure if it's part of the meals we ordered.

  
I kinda liked it so it's probably best that I don't know what it is.



Though I knew there would be a lot of walking, my feet has been out of practice for a long time now so they were really glad to rest at the end of the day. And that was my first day in KL.



El Cerdo
43&45 Changkat Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur

Tokyo Don
Tokyo Street, Level 6, Pavilion,
168 Jalan Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur

Kinokuniya
Level 4, Suria KLCC, Kuala Lumpur

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment