Diary: Mid-Autumn Sounds Good!


Day 3 and 4 are mostly grocery errands, but I also got to walk around a bit further and take some more pictures!






Yesterday's lunch was shawarma, the flavour of which was apparently close to real actual shawarma. I can't tell since I've only ever had the "shawarma" they serve in the Philippines, but if my mom says so it must be true, right?

Mom might not always know best but this is pretty good shawarma.


The main entrance of Pavilion sometimes has really elaborate setups, like during Christmas. This time they only have this Michael Kors display thing.


Right across Pavilion is Sephora and Fahrenheit 88. I've never been inside Sephora so I have nothing to say about that place, but I also don't have much to say about Fahrenheit 88 because there's really not much to see in it either.



I have been told a few times that this area is full of pickpockets so I'm often a little hesitant to loosen my iron grip on my bag and take out my camera here, even when I'm with people who can watch out for me. This time I have a Pacsafe bag so I'm trying to loosen up a little, but I know that "anti-thief" bags are still bags and nothing short of divine intervention can actually stop a determined person from doing what they want.

My point is, please mind your belongings always!



Today's lunch is at KyoChon. There's also KyoChon in UP Town Center though we've never tried it before. The taste isn't as different as Bonchon, but I like it better because unlike Bonchon it's not mostly batter. I guess it's a fancier version?



I like how their plum tea tastes, although nobody told me it's carbonated!! I don't drink carbonated drinks because they hurt my mouth. I tried my best to drink most of my drink anyway.




Dessert is ice cream at Baskin Robbins! Sometimes this place is packed, but today there weren't many people when we came. I like how bright and pink their interior is. It's really nice and fresh to look at, right?

We got Pistachio Almond and Chocolate Trilogy.

Right above is the Dining Loft. I've never been there. I think it's new-ish because I don't remember it being a thing the last time I was here. What caught my attention were the panels behind the signs. If I'm not mistaken, they're similar to the thing you can find at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore. Those things were difficult to take photos of (I probably didn't have any) because they sort of flutter in the wind and it was really pretty.

There's no fluttering here, though, because it's indoors and there's no wind.



Then we headed to Tokyo Street where there's some sort of Mid-Autumn Festival thing going on. There's often some event in Tokyo Street that involves decorating the area with colorful things. At one point they had rows and rows of gashapon machines and blasted Manatsu no Sounds Good on loudspeakers repeatedly for days. I seem to often miss the really interesting events, though.

Manatsu no Sounds Good is not a bad song, but also:
have you ever been subjected to an endless repeat of Manatsu no Sounds Good?




Ah, Daiso. My second most favourite place next to Kinokuniya. It's a lot bigger and has more items than the one back home. More importantly, it has a bigger selection of yarns than I have ever seen in person in my entire life. As someone who does crochet, what we have back home is abysmal. They also have colorful sheets of felt. Oh, if I could bring them all home.






That's pretty much it for Day 3 and 4. I don't know what else I'll be writing about after this. Maybe I'll try to take pictures of the Petronas Twin Towers next, and walk around the park. It's been ages since I've done that so I don't know what kind of changes they've made in the past years. We'll see!

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment