Diary: Central Market


Not a lot of things happened after our return to Kuala Lumpur, but somehow I still found myself with quite a backlog of photos to edit! I'll just have to slowly (surely) get around to them all. Unfortunately, the photos from the Flower Dome and Cloud Forest will have to wait.



First up is our short trip to Central Market. This place hasn't changed a whole lot since the other times we've been here, but there were noticeable changes. I think this time around it's got a more clean and organized look while keeping the souvenir market feel. They also now have a 3D art museum at their annex, though we didn't visit it.



Central Market is where my mother buys most of the souvenirs she gives to friends and relatives. They've got good deals on the usual shirts, key chains, and magnets, and they also have other interesting knick knacks you might also want to check out.

This shop sells really pretty lanterns.

There are a few restaurants within Central Market, in case you get hungry while doing your shopping. We had lunch at Secret Recipe where we ate pasta.

My pasta was not very good pasta.



Our dinner wasn't at Central Market, though. We had kaiten sushi at the Sushi King in Avenue K. I've never been to Japan so I don't know if the kind of sushi we're used to are the same as the kind of sushi you can find in the Land of the Rising Sun, but the salmon they had that night was something I don't mind finding anywhere.




Both Avenue K and Central Market are easily accessible through Kuala Lumpur's train and bus lines.

Most of the photos I have yet to post are of food we've eaten on our last days in Kuala Lumpur, so I might post them all in one big food log entry. Please look forward to it!



Central Market
Jalan Hang Kasturi, 50050 Kuala Lumpur,
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia


Avenue K
156 Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment