Sunday Sweets: Mother's Day Edition!


Sunday is always family day for us, and since this week's Sunday also happened to be Mother's Day, I was expected to contribute in the form of cupcakes.
This Sunday's cupcakes were red velvet with cream cheese frosting. Making frostingspecially of the cream cheese varietyis something I still cannot get the hang of, so I usually cheat by using a large round tip (or none at all!) to simply plop the frosting on the cupcake. This way the frosting would still look presentable even if it's a little too runny, and it wouldn't have to hold an intricate shape.




These were for Mother's Day, though, so I wanted to be a little more fancy with the piping! That didn't work out very well, honestly. I was too ambitious. But it's the thought that counts, right?



After our early dinner, my mother and I went got some ice cream for dessert. Giardino Gelato also has a shop at Abreeza Mall, but they're both still too far! To be honest, I rarely have room for dessert after meals, though I'd probably put more effort into making some if dessert was right around the corner.

  
This one is in SM Lanang Premier, right in front of Bulgogi Brothers.



It's some chocolate with brownie bits today mostly because it was the first thing I saw and I didn't bother thinking too much about it. I usually get their Ferrero Rocher ice cream but their fruity sorbets are delicious too!


Although this stuff is pretty pricey, their flavors are not something you can just grab at the local convenience store, so I think it's worth it. If you're a cheapskate and don't mind normal everyday flavors, it's definitely not for you. But if you're looking for a treat, give Giardino Gelato a try!




Giardino Gelato
2nd Floor, SM Lanang Premier

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment