¡Qué chévere!


Latin American cuisine is not something we get to try everyday. In fact, I've never tried it before, so when my brother recommended Brasas for dinner, I didn't vote against it.

This is their branch in SM North Edsa.


Brasas offers Latin American street food. My brothers, whose tastes are a lot less plainer than mine, like their food a lot, but I personally didn't find anything extremely special with it. Maybe I should have tried something other than beef.




The "street food" label can be rather misleading if you live in the Philippines and have a different idea of how much street food costs. Does street food in Latin America really cost so much, or is it just because Brasas is a restaurant in a mall with rent to pay? Their food is good, though, so if you don't mind spending a little more than usual, it's not a bad dinner choice.

  
Maybe PHP200 is a reasonable price for this serving size in Manila. I don't know. I'm a cheapskate and I don't live here.

Unfortunately, I didn't have space for dessert, but my brothers had cake at Mary Grace. Their place was probably decorated with the intention to make it feel homey, but I felt it missed the mark and just ended up feeling too dark and cramped. Anyway, I took a bite off their cakes and they were really good so those are recommendable, at least!

  
Their tables are decorated by notes from satisfied customers. 



Always save room for dessert or you might regret it. Actually, I didn't, but only because I wasn't feeling well in the first place. Next time I'd really like to try their cakes properly, though!



Brasas
4th Floor, The Block, SM North Edsa

Cafe Mary Grace
2nd Floor, The Block, SM North Edsa

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment