Weekenders: Italianni's and Mesa


My Instagram account can give off the impression that I'm a big eater, but I actually don't consume as much as I probably should. It's a source of frustration for my mother who has the kind of appetite that I can only hope for. I don't dislike eating, though! It's just that my stomach does not have the capacity that I wish it did. I like food and I like eating out so I try not to pass up on any opportunity to do so.


On Saturday we ate at Italianni's Restaurant in Abreeza. As the name suggests, it's a restaurant that offers the taste of Italy on their menu. I'm no food expert and I have never been to Italy so I cannot vouch for the food's authenticity, but we clearly like the food here because we still haven't stopped coming back.




  
I like their Truffle Mushroom pizza because who doesn't love prosciutto + bacon.

Sunday's lunch was at Mesa in SM City Davao. I've been curious about this restaurant for a while now so we finally tried it. I was pleasantly surprised to find that their Baby Squid in Olive Oil was to my liking (perhaps because I went in with no expectations whatsoever), although my mother was very underwhelmed by their Tinapa Roll.



  
Baby Squid in Olive Oil
  
Tinapa Roll

The presentation for the Tinapa Roll seems a little excessive. What was the point of putting them on individual spoons when you can't eat them in one bite anyway? I feel like it's just a waste of dish washing soap. At the very least, it's mildly interesting to look at.

Although my mother was underwhelmed, I'd like to go back to try other things. It wouldn't be fair to judge the place just by two of their items, and anyway I have my eye on the other baby squid dishes they have.



Italianni's Restaurant
Abreeza mall, J.P. Laurel Avenue

Mesa Filipino Moderne
SM City Davao Annex, Quimpo Blvd

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment