Gotta Get Down on Friday

When I was younger, birthdays were something to look forward to. I don't know when it started losing its magic for me. One day I just woke up to the realization that birthdays and Christmases and New Year celebrations feel just the same as any other day. I wonder if it's a sign of growing old.

These days a birthdays don't feel as special as they used to, but I think it's a perfectly acceptable excuse to eat out. Who doesn't like food, right? Even I, who has simple tastes and eats very little enjoy eating out when the opportunity presents itself.


It was my mother's birthday so we ate out. We ended up eating at TGI Friday's in Eastwood on a Friday, which is cool, I guess.

  
The Tostada Nachos were good, though this opinion may have been influenced by the fact that we were really hungry.
 


There's a lot of dining and shopping choices in Eastwood City, which is basically a tiny city within a city, but I think the best part in walking around here is seeing dog owners walk their dogs. The mall is pet friendly so there are usually a few who walk around with their dog, although that day I didn't see any.

  
I thought it was pretty cool that they had a wall of plants by the waiting shed.


For dinner we ate at Vikings, which is one of my mother's go-to places when she has visitors to treat. She literally takes everyone here. We've been to all but the SM North Edsa branch and my mother likes the one in SM Marikina best, mostly because they offer puto bumbong at the desserts area but also because it's more spacious compared to the others.




  
These oysters are popular among diners, but you're advised not to eat them on an empty stomach!


Vikings has a lot to offer, from sushi and sashimi to steaks and pastas, and even Filipino favourites if international cuisine is not to your taste. The drinks and desserts are also unlimited, so you may spend four hours filling your belly up with cakes and ice cream if you wish. Who's gonna stop you?


Locations:

T.G.I. FRIDAY'S Eastwood
G/F Eastwood Citywalk, Quezon City

Vikings Luxury Buffet (SM Marikina)
2nd Floor SM City Marikina

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment