Reaching Great Heights in Singapore

Ticket sales for Live Spectacle NARUTO's Singapore run started today. I can't go, but I have friends who can and will so I'm very excited for them!

  
Live Spectacle NARUTO will run in Singapore on June 6 and 7 at Resorts World Theatre in Resorts World Sentosa.
Tickets are available here.
Anyway, I thought I could use it as an excuse to post some pictures from my family's last trip to Singapore, which was Christmas of 2013. It's really not that long ago, although I suppose everything gets old very fast on the internet, so these may be considered very ancient now. Please humor me just this once and I promise not to post old pictures next time!



My previous experience on giant Ferris wheels was the Eye on Malaysia when it was operating in Malacca. It was terrifying because the wind rocked our car. The view wasn't as good as it could have been too, because dark clouds were starting to show up. Obviously this made the prospect of riding the Singapore Flyer not very appealing, but a cousin who has tried it before assured me that it's totally safe and not scary.

This was the only time we've gotten on the Singapore Flyer even though we've been to Singapore a few times before. Since I thought this was most probably the last chance I'll have, I was determined to try it out this time. I was not disappointed.



  
Maybe I'd have done the view justice if I had better photography skills.

Just a short walk from the Singapore Flyer is The Helix. It's a pedestrian bridge you can take to get to the Marina Bay Sands. It lights up at night, but it's also a sight to behold during the day.




The bridge will lead you The Shoppes, which is a mall that makes up for its boring name by being shiny and fancy. Although considering how everything else is given very literal names, a building full of shops being called "The Shoppes" probably shouldn't have been too surprising.

We didn't explore the mall because we weren't interested in shopping, so we only did the bare minimum to find our way up and through it to our real target: Gardens by the Bay. I wish we had time to go to all the places there, as I was specially interested in the Cloud Forest. Unfortunately, we arrived too late to do much else and really had just enough time for the Supertree Grove.

  
You can go up the Supertrees and walk on the bridges that connect them, though the lines could be very long.
  
They're amazing when lit up so definitely wait until it gets dark.

The official websites linked from this blog post are currently paying tribute to Mr Lee Kuan Yew who passed away this month. Without him, the Singapore I have experienced would have been much different so I feel that it's only fair to mention him too.

I don't know when or if I'll ever be able to go back to Singapore, but I sure hope I could. Maybe then I'll aim to explore more of the Gardens and be able to meet up with friends.



Singapore Flyer
30 Raffles Avenue

Gardens by the Bay
18 Marina Gardens Drive

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment