Eat Like A Viking


If it's a relative's birthday and my mother is in town, there's a good chance that we're eating out. I suspect that it's a big part of why everyone likes having her around. Everybody loves to eat a lot and to eat a lot for free is always a good deal.

My cousin is celebrating her birthday today so we had lunch at Vikings in SM Lanang Premier. The first time we ate here was on its opening week and the experience was very disappointing considering the expectations we had after many visits to the SM City Marikina branch. I'm glad to say that they've improved a lot since then.

Obligatory table napkin shot because reasons

The SM Lanang branch is more of a giant box in shape instead of the long continuous strip of food and drinks that the SM Marikina branch is. It felt small and crowded on their opening week, but I no longer feel that way, perhaps because we've gotten better tables since and they've gotten better at managing the crowds.

I think it's possible to ask for a table at your preferred area when you place a reservation. As far as I can tell, they don't have private rooms, but they do have a more intimate section separated from the rest of the dining area with glass walls. We were assigned to a table there today, which was nice even though it's a little far from the food.

I really like this sushi boat ^^

The steak people are nice. Don't be afraid to say how you like your steak done!


The desserts are displayed in the middle like a majestic centerpiece. It's easily the most noticeable feature of the whole place, and my personal favourite. From this angle, it looks kind of like a tree. Maybe that's what they were going for...


... Or the tree-like structure could also be the mast of a ship, since they have this prow in the middle. I really love this detail they put in. I don't know if they intended for the dessert area to look like a ship, but it's something I always get excited over every time even if no one ever shares that excitement with me.

It's always great to come in early because you get first pick of everything.




Vikings Luxury Buffet (SM Lanang)
Upper Ground Level, Fountain Court, SM Lanang Premier
(082) 285 3888

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment