Up The Hill


Today we had lunch at a coffee shop in Jack's Ridge. Karlo's Gourmet & Coffee serves fancy coffee in the flavours of local specials such as durian, marang, and mangosteen. People are often surprised when I tell them I don't eat any of those fruits despite living in a place where it's abundant. I think durian is something you can eat only if you can get past the smell, and even then the texture isn't something everyone would love. I was just never able to acquire the taste for it.



Jack's Ridge Resort and Restaurants sits on the Shrine Hills, where the view of the Davao City skyline is pretty nice. I prefer the daytime view when the sky is clear and blue road, and I like to appreciate it in the comfort of the coffee shop where I am safe from the heat of the sun.

There's a winding road before getting to the entrance of Jack's Ridge, but the mouth of said road is directly in front of the exit gate of the Shrine of the Holy Infant Jesus of Prague. Starving after the 12o'clock mass? Just head straight down the road and you'll eventually get there.





Karlo's boasts of its "exotic coffee", though it isn't what we came for. At least not me since I don't drink coffee, and certainly not the durian flavoured kind.

While definitely not cheap, the food is pretty good. I'm a picky eater and not too fond of cafe food in general, but I was glad to find that their menu had things I could eat. Maybe next time I'll go back to try some more of their food.



Location:
Karlo's Gourmet and Coffee
Jack's Ridge Resort and Restaurant, Shrine Hills, Matina, Davao City

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment