What does Santa do if a house doesn't have a chimney?


Hey! How did you guys spend your Christmas? Did you get any nice presents? In my country, it's a family holiday so it's always expected that you take time off from work to go home and spend it with everyone from your parents to your grandparents and your aunt's husband's cousin's sister's niece. As you can probably imagine, my energy reserve for socialization was quickly drained. Holidays are not for me.

As with the past few Christmases, my mother threw a party for the kids at an orphanage that my cousin used to work at. I made cupcakes because of course I did. I guess they kinda liked it? But they definitely liked the candy on top more because I saw a lot of them take the candy and leave the cupcake... If you haven't noticed yet, I'm very salty about this. That's fine, though. I understand. Feelings were very hurt, but hey they're kids. Of course they'll like candy.


One evening for dinner we ate at Azon's Boneless Lechon. The food was generally okay. The lechon skin was crispy and the meat itself is flavorful. Is it worth going out of your way for? Not really. Their shrimp with crispy noodles was sweet, which I didn't expect and didn't like. Their mango in their crepe was sweet but the crepe was really bad. Overall I'd say the place isn't too bad if you don't really have any better plans but please avoid the crepe at all cost.

A post shared by しゅうや🍰🎮 (@galacticlycoris) on


Christmas day itself was spent with the whole family. I made cupcakes that my family didn't care about as much as I was proud of them. Well, you know. Whatever, right? At least my friends on Twitter thought they looked really good. Just so you all know, they also tasted good. Everyone who slept on it missed out!

Let's see... What else did we do? Oh we saw Star Wars: The Last Jedi. As expected, my brothers hated it. I didn't come out loving it, but I definitely appreciate it for what it is and what it's trying to do. There are characters I really liked and would like to see more of! Maybe the only one I really didn't care for was Snoke. Who cares about that dude?

The family went bowling while I just watched because I just am not the extrovert they want me to be. The bowling place at the mall was by the movies so when we got out, we saw long lines for the 2017 Metro Manila Film Festival entries. I'll be real with you, guys. This country has very good movies but also very bad ones. A lot of the movies they tend to have this season are.... er.... well.... let's just say I am most absolutely definitely not the target audience for that kind of quality.

Anyway, churros break!



We tried Matsuri Ichiban's wagyu beef courses, which was actually good. It's difficult to find good Japanese food in this city, so this place was a pleasant surprise. We've tried some of their dishes before, and I thought they were pretty decent. Even my brother who has a much more discerning palate actually liked their food. My only comment on their katsudon is the unbalanced pork cutlet to rice ratio. Otherwise, if you're craving for ramen try this place! Do expect their prices to be relatively high for Davao standards, though.



That's my holiday so far. I thought of waiting until after the new year to post something, in case I take any more photos but I also wanted to get out twelve blog entries for 2017. Probably it would have been better for the overall feel of this entry if I had waited until I was feeling better. I don't enjoy sounding too negative in my entries... Well, being honest is okay sometimes, right? Let's hope for more positive entries next year! Or just more entries in general!

I'll keeping fighting so you keep fighting too, okay?





Azon's Boneless Lechon and Restaurant
Km. 7 McArthur Highway Bangkal
Fronting SaveMore Bangkal
Facebook: Azon's Boneless Lechon


La Lola Churreria
2nd Floor SM Lanang
JP Laurel Ave., Davao City


Matsuri Ichiban
CJ Building, Eco West Drive
Bucana Ecoland, Davao City
Facebook: @MatsuriIchiban

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment