All I Want For Christmas


Now that it's December, I should probably start working on that year end art summary collage. I think I haven't drawn much in the past few months! At least, not stuff that I'm proud enough to put in the art summary... Still, I've done it in the last two years so I shouldn't drop the ball now, right?


I don't have many new photos, but after seeing that so far I only have seven entries in 2017, I wanted to try to get in a few updates before the end of the year. There are a few old photos on my computer from before I started this blog and I thought it'd be interesting to look back on how terrible my photography skills have always been.


Okay, honestly I just wanted to talk about what I want for Christmas, BUT I really do want to get a few more blog entries before this year ends. I hope I don't get too lazy to do my yearly art summary post! Even if no one else reads this blog besides me, it's an important log of my own thoughts and experiences. Sometimes I look back on my posts just to remind me of things, to remind me that I didn't just hallucinate an entire year. I do tend to heavily censor myself on this blog in an attempt to sound more positive, but that's fine! Who wants to be reminded of bad things?

It's been a terrible year for everyone, right?


Anyway! What I want for Christmas are things I definitely don't deserve and I have no business asking for anything in the first place, so this post is just me throwing my hopes and dreams into the void as per usual.

At the top of my list is the New 2DS XL Pokeball edition, although for real I would accept the regular New 2DS XL too. I can feel the judgement from all corners of the world hone in on me right now, but hear me out, okay? I was perfectly fine with my 3DS and would have been completely content not upgrading because this particular unit is very very special to me. The thing is that there was a horrible accident involving my dumb ass, my phone, and my 3DS touchscreen that resulted in a bruise. At first I thought it wasn't so bad and I could live with it. However, it got worse as time went by and as we speak, the dead pixels have spread so much that it's become difficult to make out things through it. I tried to get it fixed, but the unit is already too old that there aren't parts available for it anymore, so the only way to save, well, everything, is if I got a new one.

Every time I turn on my 3DS I still beat myself up for being a complete failure. I feel like I've let down the friends who gave this to me. And myself, who had always been very careful with it. I took care of it all these years only to destroy everything in one moment of weakness. If I could turn back time, I would choose for my phone to fall on my face 50 times than have it fall on my 3DS screen...

But that's all in the past. The only thing I can do now is regretfully cry myself to sleep.



To be honest, the rest of the items on my Christmas wishlist are a lot less important. As much as it annoys me to be constantly running out of phone storage, my current phone is still very functional and unless I accidentally drop it into the ocean or an app devours the last of the available storage space (I am looking at you, Love Live), it can probably still last me a while. With that said, I do want a phone with a much bigger storage space. I've looked into a few phones but I don't have a specific one in mind. My biggest concern is just to be able to keep the apps I need and maybe record the occasional process videos!

Ah, I used to think, "What the heck are you gonna do with 64GB?" I was a fool. At this day and age maybe 64GB is cutting it too close. No, don't tell me to use a microSD. The thing is that apps don't like residing in external storage, and those things corrupt my photos and videos anyway. "Expandable storage" means nothing to me.




Everything else are just things that would be nice but I would not sell my soul for, like: a Nintendo Switch, a few photobooks, long heartfelt comments on my fictions, more RTs on art that I'm actually proud of, and the motivation to keep living. I am, however, open to selling my soul for an aesthetically pleasing Instagram profile and the opportunity to spend the last two days of the year with Sunday morning superheroes because I am an adult with my priorities straight and we're all going to die anyway.

NO, WAIT. You know those hoop things on old phones where you used to tie charms and stuff to? I miss those! I miss having a phone strap so that I can secure my phone and not drop it on anything important. Does that count as a Christmas wish?


By the way, these terribad photos were from a trip to Cameron Highlands in Malaysia three years ago. It was a nice place, the strawberries and the tea were great, but the ride to and from was terrible because of the zigzag roads. Good luck not getting motion sickness!

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment