Through The GoPro Lens


Confession: I have yet to import the photos from my DSLR. To be fair, there were still a few technical things to take care of before I can do that. But you're right. I'm just being a lazy butt. There's a lot of photos, okay?! It's hard to get motivated when I'm not in my comfort zone.


Anyway, our gracious host in Palawan, my mom's best friend, gave us a GoPro to play with during our El Nido trip. My brothers handled the thing the entire time so these photos were taken by them. I think all the photos came out pretty good considering the circumstances! The videos were pretty nice too, and my brother was able to put together a quick compilation of it for my mother's Facebook friends to see.



It's not the fancy ones with a display at the back so we had absolutely no idea how the photos would come out. The picture quality isn't fantastic and it works best only under optimal lighting conditions. So editing the photos especially with a terrible laptop screen was quite the struggle. But it does its job, which is take photos and videos especially underwater, and that's really all we needed.

I'm just saying if you have a wonderfully calibrated screen or something, treasure it, my friend.




The weather was not so great especially on our first day so all the pictures we took look very gloomy. It was cold too, what with all the raining. Yet even with the sun hiding behind the rain clouds my brother still managed to get sunburnt, so the lesson here is don't forget your sunblock even if you think there is no sun!

I don't know if I've ever mentioned it on previous blog entries that I cannot swim. Yes, I live near a beach. Yes, I'm technically surrounded by water, being that I live in a tropical archipelago. Yes, I am not a stranger to swimming pools and the sea. But I cannot swim and I'll definitely drown if you threw me off a boat. The most I can do is flail around while wearing a vest, hoping for the best. At least the photos of me snorkeling don't make it obvious that I don't know what I'm doing.





I had fun even with the bad weather, and I think my brothers did too. It's been a while since I got to dip my toes in the water, so it was nice to go out somewhere that isn't an urban jungle for a change. Although it wasn't my first time in El Nido, it was my first time kayaking! It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

I will have to start editing the photos from my camera soon, but for now these are the photos from the GoPro. Thanks to everyone who made this trip happen!


April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment