Palawan Part 2!


Alright, I admit I have been putting off editing the photos for a while. But to be fair the past few weeks have been quite busy! I don't know how professional bloggers manage to blog on the road. Finding time to sit down and gather my thoughts at the end of the day is already a challenge even without the exhaustion that comes with daily activity.

Here's the first batch of photos from my camera! I recently acquired a new machine, which is really neat, but I didn't realize that the high resolution would be a big problem when using editing programs. You'd think Photoshop or GIMP, being what they are for, would work perfectly on any resolution... Then again having a super high resolution is probably a bad idea itself. I'm really having trouble editing anything because everything looks either too blurry or too small!


Anyway, we went to Baker's Hill in Puerto Princesa the day we arrived. Their hopia tastes great, and is actually a popular pasalubong so it's not uncommon to see the place filled with tourists who come out with boxes and boxes of their pastries. It wasn't crowded when we came, though. It was cloudy and drizzling a bit. A recurring theme in our trip, it turns out.






Who thought this was a good idea?! They look terrifying!

I've been here once a long time ago. Quite a lot of improvement has been done since my last visit. It was quite interesting! I wish the weather wasn't so gloomy, though. The upside was that it wasn't too warm, but it did make taking pictures a pain. June is not a recommended month to visit, especially in El Nido. Even so, it wasn't an completely terrible trip. We had a lot of fun anyway.

For lunch we had crocodile sisig.

Our first day in El Nido started out so glum. The weather was not interested in letting up so we made the mistake of not applying sunscreen. The lesson here, kids, is to wear sunscreen even if you cannot see the sun. It is always there. And you will burn.








The guides were very friendly and helpful. They would help us get on the boat and carry our stuff, sometimes even offering to take our pictures for us. They're pretty good at it too! They're also really amazing at preparing our food. Lunch is part of the tour package so we'd stop by an island where the guides would make our food as we enjoyed the place. While the food was simple (seafood, rice, and fruits for desert), they obviously put a lot of effort into the presentation. Meal time was always very enjoyable.





We visited the Small Lagoon, which is only accessible via kayak or paddle board. I was not brave enough to bring my camera with me on the kayak so my brother who was on a paddle board took pictures and videos with the GoPro. The place was really beautiful and I think it would have been a lot prettier if it wasn't so cloudy, but I'm kinda glad it wasn't very hot! I imagine kayaking wouldn't have been as fun otherwise.

The problem with this particular place was that the entrance was very small. It allowed only one kayak at a time and there wasn't anyone guiding the people coming in and out, so kayak traffic can easily build up and tourists can get very impatient very quick. We were unfortunate enough to come across one such tourist who kept yelling that they've been waiting outside for an hour... (I don't think they were actually waiting for an hour because tours do have their schedules, but who knows?)





Our last stop for the day was Papaya Island, which wasn't too special EXCEPT FOR THE AMAZINGLY SOFT AND FINE AND ふわふわ SAND. One of the kids on a different boat was yelling excitedly about how the sand was like memory foam. It was so incredibly nice to walk on and my brothers and I had fun playing with it. Trying to draw on it was very tricky because my feet would keep digging into the fine sand and ruining the picture. But it was so great. That was the only time I didn't care about having sand all over me. Sand is normally super annoying because it is the glitter of nature--it gets everywhere and is very difficult to get rid of--and yet I thoroughly enjoyed the sand in that island.



That ends the first day of our El Nido tour! I hope you all enjoyed the pictured even if they were very late.

The last batch of photos will be posted.... someday.... Hey, look, there's a lot of them, okay? And like I said, this new machine's resolution is giving me problems. If I can't find a solution to this any time soon, I might just use the old machine temporarily.

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment