Ooma and Paper Moon


The thing about Manila is that it's full of interesting places to eat at but I don't really feel safe enough to bring my camera around. So once again I find myself eating something interesting and only having my phone to take pictures with, which wasn't too bad. I feel a lot less conscious about taking photos with a small phone than with a DSLR that's bigger than my hands.


This time we ate at Ooma in SM Megamall. The place was nice and the food was good. It almost made the two hours we spent stuck in traffic on the way worth it. I say "almost" because, damn, this traffic is terrible. Is anything really worth all that hassle?



Anyway, I liked their Ebi Tempura Maki. It felt like comfort, somehow. I tend to be really picky, especially when there's avocado (because I don't like the texture), but the avocado was definitely not noticeable. Apparently the creamy yellow thing is some sort of mayo, another thing I normally won't eat yet I enjoyed this time around. Lately I've noticed that I haven't been minding mayo much. I don't know if it's just that my taste has evolved to allow mayo into the list of things I would eat or if it's just a certain type of mayonnaise.

The meat (both the pork and the beef) were all very very tender. They almost melted in my mouth. I mean obviously they didn't but I felt like they did. They were both good, though my problem with the beef was that the mushroom taste and smell was too overpowering. Was that the point? It was quite distracting.




For dessert we had mini mango mille crepe at Paper Moon. It's really soft, light, and delicious! Kind of like mango float but in mini pancake form. Unfortunately, at that point I was already full and not feeling too well for some reason, so I didn't get to eat much. It was good, though!! I really wish I got to eat at least half of it!!



Ooma and Paper Moon can both be found in SM Megamall. Ooma is on the 3rd floor of the Mega Fashion Hall, but watch out! It's quite the popular place to eat at so sometimes there's a long waiting list for a table. Paper Moon, on the other hand, is on the 2nd Level of Mega A. It has other branches as well, though. I'm not sure if it's popular or anything (we got there pretty late, the mall was about to close), but if it isn't, why not??? That mille crepe was so good!!

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment