Diary: New Year's Log 3/3


On the 31st we had lunch at Fatboy's in Avenue K. The taste is nothing mind blowing, but their menu is quite interesting. You can customize your burger from the buns to the patty to anything else you'd like on your burger. If you're too lazy for that, they also have a list of unique burgers to choose from like one with bananas. They have intriguing drinks on the menu as well, although as much as I love bacon, I would never want to drink it.






The last meal of 2015 was at Black Bull. We got to eat there during my last visit. I had some sort of grilled chicken this time, which was really good, though it might be too salty for some people.



We were seated at a corner with this giant couch so while waiting for our food, I set up my tripod and we took a few family pictures. When my brothers and I were kids, we used to have our family pictures taken at a professional studio. My mother would get all dolled up and we'd all dress up in matching clothes. It was really corny now that I look back at those photos. As we got older, photography became more accessible to hobbyists, and with the dawn of prosumer digital cameras, it was just more practical to take the photos ourselves. Also we now refuse to let our mother dress us up.

Avenue K still had their elaborate Christmas decor.







The first meal of 2016 (at least for my brothers and I) was brunch at Franco in Avenue K. It's this French-Japanese fusion cafe of some sort, which feels really pretentious but the food is decent and I really liked their fancy pants french toast.

This was dessert after dinner at Ciccio in Changkat Bukit Bintang.

Before our flight the next day, we had lunch at Din Tai Fung because my brother has heard good things about it and really wanted to try. I can't say that the food was the best ever or anything; they're okay, I enjoyed the Xiao Long Bao. But, maaaaannnnnnnnnnn. I will never get used to that kind of fancy pants service. I'm sorry I am but a mere commoner who gets freaked out by anything beyond fast food restaurant tier service.








And that concludes our very last visit to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I'm kinda sad that we're likely to never get to go back ever, mostly because I will forever miss Kinokuniya and the Daiso in Pavilion. Is there a chance for Kinokuniya to put up a branch in Davao or am I doomed to deal with the cursed local postal service whenever I want something from Japan? My stubborn refusal to deal with the post office after several traumatic experiences has helped me not spend any more money on online purchases in the past year, but I really really want that spoon.2di issue with the SaruMi poster, okay?!!

Not that Kino had that particular issue last time I checked, but it was nice to know the possibility of it being there.

Well, then. Until the local Daiso decides to get it together and Kinokuniya opens locally, I will miss you, Kuala Lumpur.

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment