Diary: New Year's Log 1/3


The beginning of 2016 was generally uneventful for me, but I did take enough photos for at least three blog entries. The real question now is when will I get around to actually editing all of those photos.

People who blog on the road are admirable. I personally need a lot of time to process my thoughts and turn them into words, pick out photos that go with it to edit, and that kind of thing is the last in my list of To Do's when my feet are sore from all the walking and my back is aching from not sleeping on my own bed.

Still, I blog because these are things I need to remind myself of when I feel like deleting myself from this universe and I'm not really cut out for all that cute and fancy journaling that's so popular these days. Blogs are just online journals, right?



My brothers wanted to eat at Nando's for lunch so we went to the one at Pavilion. I don't know if it's the exact same thing as Peri-Peri Charcoal Chicken or they're two different things with very similar everything. There used to be a Peri-Peri in SM City Davao, but it's long gone.


After that we tried some stuff at this cafe thing called Azzurro. We always pass by it whenever we're at Pavilion though we've never actually tried it until then. Too bad I don't drink coffee. Their menu seemed really interesting.





Then we walked around the mall for a bit since they still had their Christmas decorations up. There were these Santa figures that moved, which would have been cute in theory but they're really just creepy in real life. At least that's what I thought. No one else seemed to have a problem with either of them.




Dinner was at El Cerdo, and this time we got one of those suckling pigs. They have this thing where they make you chop at the roasted pig with a plate and then you smash the plate. It was weird but I guess that's part of what you pay for. Like last time they gave us a shot of some sort of wine thing at the end of the meal. I didn't drink mine because I didn't like the taste!



I still don't understand what this was but it was good.

I have no problem with lechon. It's when they use a little piggy like this that I make a D: face.

Three days 'til the end of the year and my brothers were chopping a roasted suckling pig with a plate. At least it's something to talk about. (The skin was really crispy and it's not half bad, but I've eaten much tastier lechon and suckling pigs are just not my thing.)

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment