Diary: New Year's Log 2/3


I'm so glad I found out how to queue posts on Blogger. I probably shouldn't be revealing blogging secrets or whatever, but, hey, who's even reading my blog, right?

Anyway! For some reason my brothers decided they wanted to visit Kuala Lumpur Tower. It's been at least a decade since we last went there so I honestly don't remember much about it except that it obviously didn't leave any lasting impression on me.


Here's the thing: the KL Tower is incredibly touristy. It's expensive and not at all worth the effort. I feel like the view might have been a bit better back in the day, but recently there are a number of ongoing construction work around the city so it's not as picturesque as I expected. We even went to the open deck, which, while not too bad, wasn't worth the moolah we spent to get there.


There were Lego displays that included Star Wars among other things, which is understandable since the new movie just came out, although I have a feeling that this display has been here way before the movie started their promotions. The most baffling part, to me, was probably the μ's figures. Why are they here? Who's the weeaboo that put them there??




Something was off, though. I thought someone was missing because my favourite girl was definitely not there and there was a weird empty space between Eli and Umi. So I looked down and.....

REST IN PIECES, NONTAN.

There are lots of the usual souvenir shops and there are also a number of other activities at the base of the tower, like some sort of zoo or something, though we didn't bother checking those out. Maybe children would be into that sort of thing? It was a really hot day and I personally was pretty disappointed with what I've seen so far.



Seriously, if you want to get a good view of the city from so high up, climbing the Petronas Twin Towers would be much more worth your time. Even if you don't like what you see up there, you can at least spend the rest of your time walking around Suria KLCC which has a wider range of shopping choices (and, hey, the mall is nice and cool) or just lurking around Kinokuniya like me.




Yes, we did go to KLCC and, yes, I did go to Kinokuniya. It was a quick visit, though, so I didn't get to take pictures, and anyway I was too disappointed that they didn't have the latest spoon.2di issue and too distraught that I found the second Lost Small World. The wounds are still too fresh.




Lunch at Chili's was good, though. Fun fact: I discovered that I, notorious picky eater, don't mind eating broccoli after we ate at this same Chili's one time. Meanwhile, I still can't stand carrots.

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment