Japan Food Log and Other Things


If you've been following my Instagram, you might be aware that I've very recently been to Japan. And you know what that means: I'll be posting a series of travel diary entries in the next few days! As usual, there are a lot of photos to go through, so for now here's a taste of what's to come... Or, more accurately, some photos that don't fit anywhere else.





First meal in Japan! We arrived in Osaka pretty late so most places were closed and we didn't want to go too far from the area. We were served by a cute girl named Nana who knew English. Apparently she lived in Canada for a while. We asked one of the guys to take our group's picture, but since the place was small and it was hard to fit everyone in the frame, he offered to take one outside after we eat.

I actually forgot about it until we were getting up our seats and he rushed out before us to take our picture. Nice!




The next day my brothers and I went to Universal Studios Japan, and then went to Dotonbori to meet up with the adults. Well technically we're all adults, but I can't keep calling them our "older companions". That's a mouthful!

What Osaka trip would be complete without a photo of the Glico man?




We then had yakiniku at a place where our order was misunderstood. The food was good anyway.



In Kyoto my brothers and I ate udon at a small cafe near Kinkaku-ji and tried some of the food sold along the way to Kiyomizu-dera.




I didn't expect the cream to be cold. I guess I just don't know what creampuffs are supposed to be like!


We ate more food than I was able to take pictures of, but I admit that we didn't eat as much as I thought we should have. For one thing I didn't get to eat okonomiyaki! We had hotpot at our host's house on our last night in Japan, though, and that was a great experience.

There were so many things I didn't get to do or eat. Ten days was far too short to try to do everything. I wish I could go back sometime in the future to do the stuff I didn't get to do, to eat what I didn't get to eat, and to visit the places I didn't get to visit.

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment