Weekenders: Torch, Rita's, and Etc.


Today's lunch is at Torch Restaurant in UP Town Center. It's an international fusion restaurant, so on their menu are fancy sushi rolls of some sort right along with pasta and burgers.




I got the carbonara that came with bacon and a poached egg. The yolk was unfortunately not runny, which I prefer, but the bacon was crispy and delicious enough to make up for it, because of course it was. Crispy delicious bacon is always enough to win me over.



My brother said the ribs he ordered was very delicious as well. Some of our orders came late so my mom ended up munching on the complementary fried pasta they serve in a glass.




Unsurprisingly, the place is pretty expensive too. At least this time I can see why and I left feeling fairly satisfied.

Dessert was frozen custard at Rita's Italian Ice. The place is very small so it was quick to become crowded. There's nothing too special about it, though. It's pretty much just like ice cream.





Afternoon coffee after grocery shopping is at KKK Coffee, a cafe most likely named after the Katipunan and having absolutely no affiliation with the racist group using the same acronym. It's a very unfortunate coincidence, which is why passing by that place is always so awkward even though I'm perfectly aware of the intended reference.




My mom and my brothers didn't like their coffee. It seems there wasn't anything special about them. The suman (rice cake) had mixed reviews, though.




Today my brother also opened the box of Anthon Berg chocolates our mom brought him from Europe. I'm actually not familiar with the brand, but these little bottle-shaped things are pretty cute.



The box says they're dark chocolate with liquid centers. I didn't dare try any of them because I don't like alcohol, though my brothers did and the liquid in the center do drip if you're not careful.





It seems like every time we're here, all we do is eat. Not that I'm complaining, of course. More things for me to write about and more food for everyone!




Torch Restaurant
Ground Floor, UP Town Center, Katipunan Ave.
Diliman, Quezon City, Metro Manila

Rita's Italian Ice
2nd Floor, UP Town Center, Katipunan Ave.
Diliman, Quezon City, Metro Manila

KKK Coffee
Ground Floor, SM City Marikina,
Marcos Highway, Marikina, Metro Manila

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment