Hole in the Wall


It's my brother's birthday so we went to check out Hole in the WallCentury City Mall's fancy version of a food court. I thought it would be a good chance to use my new camera, but I quickly realized that I wasn't ready for it at all. I still have lots more to work on!






There's not much to say about it, honestly, other than that it can be pretty overwhelming if you come in unprepared. The food can be rather pricey, burning a hole not only in the wall but also the pocket, although that's really to be expected in a place like this.

I wanted to get pho and I probably should have, but I got shawarma instead. Unfortunately it was too big for me and I found the beef too difficult to chew. My mom liked her pork shawarma fine, though.



My brothers both got cheeseburgers from The Beef. While the birthday boy thought it was the best burger he's tasted so far, the other didn't think it was anything special. I suppose it all really just depends on your personal taste, if coming here is worth it or not.




For drinks, we got some juice from Spruce. I got Japanese Pear and I liked it well enough because it wasn't too sweet, although I don't know if that's actually what Japanese pears taste like.



Is PHP120 for a relatively small drink a standard in Makati?

Dessert came from Green Cheese and Scout's Honor. The cake was good (I didn't get to taste it) and the chocolate cookie was very chocolate-y. It was probably more chocolate bar than actual cookie.








Was it worth going all the way to Makati for this? It's hard to say. I made a wrong choice today but my companions seemed to have enjoyed their experience at least, and I do appreciate the variety of choices. I would have liked to try more of the other food here, maybe finally get some pho.

This cookie also has a hole.

Will there be a next time? It doesn't seem likely, since it's pretty far and out of the way. Add that to the fact that the food can be expensive. But if the opportunity presents itself, I'll definitely post about it again.




Hole in the Wall
4th Floor Century City Mall, Kalayaan Avenue,
Brgy. Poblacion, Makati City

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment