Diary: Beginner's Luck


Today I met up with a friend I haven't seen in a long time, but in a mix of excitement and anxiety, I forgot to bring my camera's battery. (Oops!) We spent most of the time talking, though, so I doubt I would have taken a lot of pictures if I hadn't forgotten it. While we didn't go anywhere worth reporting on, I feel like writing about today anyway because we don't get to see each other often!


After eating at Dencio's (SM City Davao) where the service was rather awful, we went back to Toy Kingdom so I can try my hand at the gacha machine that had One Piece charms. I really wanted Sabo but since the others where Luffy, Ace, Law, and Chopper, I thought that even if I didn't get my first choice, I would've been happy with anyone else anyway.

So of course I got Sabo.

And then we went to check out the newly-opened Tom's World without any expectations, which was just as well, because it was really more like a pachinko parlor for children than a video arcade. It was still pretty entertaining, though! My friends spent some time trying to win something from one of the machines, while I wondered what possessed anyone to come up with this water dispenser:


They also had a crane machine where you can win ice cream. Someone almost won a popsicle but the prize basket knocked it off the claw as it flipped down to receive the prize. It was tragic and hilarious at the same time.

If you really wanted ice cream, it would be cheaper to just buy it from the store.


We walked around some more until we eventually settled down at McDonald's where we proceeded to embarrass ourselves to her boyfriend with memories of things that happened in high school. Before long, it was already dark outside and time to go home.

Among the things she got for me is something I'm planning to write about soon!

It was sad to have to say goodbye at the end of the day, but I had fun! It was really nice to see her again after a long time, and it was a pleasure to meet her boyfriend who was very friendly and patient with us. I wish we could've spent more time together and I look forward to seeing her again.

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment