It's A Pizza!!


Depending on whether the week starts on Monday or on Sunday for you, today still counts as the first week of January 2018. Unfortunately the only photos I have to offer for now are low quality ones from my phone and there's really no good excuse for that. But I figured in this case it's better to have some than none at all because I want to break out of the habit of making excuses not to update.

So anyway my brother brought us to this pizza place called Classio where they cook their pizza in a wood fired brick oven. Apparently this place is open only in the evenings and it doesn't have an airconditioned dining area, which, I think is because their oven is literally right there in front of you. It's not too warm inside, though. Maybe that's why they're only open in the evenings. I imagine if you're working in there during the heat of the afternoon sun, the experience would have been a lot different.

Since there's nothing separating the kitchen area from the dining area, you can watch them work on your order, stick it in the oven and deliver it straight to your table. The pizza was done in only a few minutes and we basically inhaled all four of our orders in a little more than that because they were just. that. good.




As a kid I used to prefer thick crust from the usual pizza places but as I grew older and tried new and different things, my preferences have evolved. These days I now prefer and appreciate thin crust, and Classio's dough is just the right thickness (thinness?), very soft, and very delicious.

My favourite was definitely their prosciutto pizza. I didn't expect the onion to complement the prosciutto so well but it did and I was blown away. If I hadn't already eaten a slice off the all cheese and the seafood one, I would have been able to eat more of the prosciutto. The seafood was also pretty good! We tried the seafood pizza that Shakey's used to have and it was disgusting. The nori didn't work at all. So it was a very pleasant surprise when the nori in Classio's pizza worked really well.


I only have these photos because like previously stated, we consumed all four pizzas pretty quickly. They're pretty small pizzas, at least if you compare them to, say, Yellow Cab, though I think that's actually a good thing. That way we could order a few in different flavors and there's bound to be something for every person in our group of five.

I don't know how good they are when they've been allowed to cool, like if you're ordering take out to bring home. But I'm assuming this is best eaten straight out the oven. So if you find yourself in the area, I highly recommend giving this place a try!




Classio Mobile Wood Fired Oven
J.P. Laurel Ave., Agdao, Davao City
business hours: 7pm-1am, Tues-Sat
facebook: @cmwfo
twitter: @cmwfo
instagram: @classiomwfo

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment