Holiday Log: Hello, 2017!


Hey, look at me posting another entry before the month ends! There's still quite a bit of backlog to tackle so I figured I should start chipping away on that to avoid being too behind.

I always justify being late in posting things by telling myself I'm just trying to ration my limited content. Since I don't go out often, I don't actually have much to write about regularly. But that's not a good excuse, is it? I think being a bit late is okay, but there's a limit to how late you can be. While write-ups about places such as board game cafes and craft shops can wait, posts like this holiday log should be posted as soon after the holidays as possible. This year I would like to get better at posting in a timely manner!







Last year we also ate lunch at Din Tai Fung before our flight back. And like last year, I enjoyed the xiao long bao. It's not the kind of food we can normally find around here. I've only ever eaten it in Malaysia and Singapore, which is a shame. I really like it.










We arrived back in the country late at night so we were all still tired the next day. But somehow my mom was encouraged to go on an impromptu trip to Tagaytay when she heard that since everyone is still technically on vacation, there was not much traffic yet. She rented a car and we went to Twin Lakes because of my brother's recommendation. When we got there, it turns out we weren't the only ones who thought it would be a good idea to visit. There were so many people! We didn't even get to try anything from "The Most Beautiful Starbucks in the Philippines" because there were just that many people.





Was the trip worth it? I'm not sure if the place was worth it, but there were lots of interesting conversations that day. Overall I'd say it wasn't a bad day. We ate dinner at Silver Bucket, the food in which is so-so. Not bad but also not too special. Definitely not somewhere I'd go out of the way to eat at, though the place is rather pretty.








I'm not one for resolutions so I'm not going to make any substantial ones this year either. Looking at my blog archive, 2015 had 40 more entries than 2016. Did nothing happen last year that was really worth writing about? At least, not in a positive light, maybe... I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope I'll have more (good) things to talk about in 2017 and that I won't slack off on editing the photos. Please keep watching over me!

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment