Diary: May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor


My brother has been trying to drag us to this archery place in the city, but things kept working against his favor until today. Real talk: I don't think any of us who were there today has actually read The Hunger Games... not that reading the books could have helped me get better at shooting arrows.

But first: lunch at Pepper Lunch!

Gandiva Archery is a small place, which was to be expected because it's in a local mall. Right next to it is some wall climbing area and the rest of the wing is an arcade place full of what I think were students from a nearby school who just came from their Christmas parties. It was after lunch time on a Friday but the archery range was completely empty when we got there. I suppose it's not exactly a place you hang out at with friends if you're a kid in high school.




I have terrible vision and it have been avoiding getting new lenses for my glasses so I actually can't see far even with them on. Still, that's not enough excuse for my horrible aim. The odds will never be in my favor. If I were in a real hunger games I'd definitely be the first one to die.




After that is a short stop at Lachi's to eat some cake. For some reason this place is really popular. Though their cakes are pretty good, I'm not so sure what the hype is all about. I'm not sure if my standards are skewed or if everyone who has ever raved about their cakes at me were just messing with me...



Then we headed to Davao Crocodile Park where we watched a fire dance performance. I think normally the entrance for the Cultural Village is part of a package when you buy tickets for the Crocodile Park, but we had passes for just Tribu K'Mindanawan so we only had to be there before the show started. Entrance is also free if you eat at the restaurant there, apparently.


Pro-tip: come early if you want to choose your seat. Schools from within the city and from neighboring provinces tend to go on field trips to the park so the place can get full pretty quickly.














Another pro-tip: don't eat at the restaurant. The food wasn't bad but the service at their restaurant was left much to be desired. It didn't feel like we were welcome at all, like they aren't used to people eating there... which wasn't too surprising because we were literally the only group eating there after the show. Of course, with the traffic that would greet you on the highway, it will be tempting to eat there before going home instead of cooking dinner or eating somewhere else.




That's it for today's adventure! Sometimes the real world isn't so bad.




Gandiva Archery Range Davao
4th Level Adventure Zone,
Gaisano Mall of Davao
facebook: /gandiva.davao

Lachi's Sans Rival Atbp
Ruby Street, Marfori Heights,
Davao City
facebook: /lachisdavao

Davao Crocodile Park Complex
Riverfront, Corporate City, Diversion Highway
Ma-a, Davao City

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment