Sunday Sweets: A Tale of Frivolous Spending


I lied. This blog entry has no pictures of food. It does, however, have a paper thin connection to the cookies I baked yesterday so I thought it should sort of count! And it's been a while since I posted a Sunday Sweet; it's nice to type that out again.

With my weekend plans to watch Deadpool with friends cancelled, I set out to bake cookies to fill the jars my mom bought from Daiso. Why did she buy them? Because they're cute. That's it. When I asked if she really needed them, she just told me to bake cookies for my aunt. It was not a good excuse to buy cute jars that we didn't need at all and I really should work harder at not enabling her considering how much trouble we've already gotten into because of her impulsive buying. It was, at least, an okay excuse to use more of the nuts in my pantry.

Someday I will finish all of them, but that day just wasn't last Saturday.



There was absolutely no reason for me to put these label things on the lids. The jars were cute enough as they are and my relatives won't care for whatever I put on there anyway. But I still had some of those stickers I mentioned on the previous blog entry, so I thought I should use them here to make the jars a little bit more personal.




Unfortunately, these labels aren't waterproof so they'll inevitably get ruined when the cookies are gone and the jars are washed to be reused.

The people who will receive these jars aren't familiar with the characters, let alone the shows they came from, which is fine because I don't know anyone in real life who watches tokusatsu. I just hope they'll at least appreciate the effort I put not only in baking the cookies but also in personalizing the jars a little bit.



I find that scolding my mom for buying random things just because they're cute is just the pot calling the kettle black because I, too, have a weakness for cute things that I ultimately have no use for. But at least this time her frivolous purchase gave me something to post about, so I suppose it wasn't completely pointless.

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment