Diary: February Catch Up


I had to send my laptop for repair so it was away for a lot longer than I would have preferred. Unfortunately it can't play HD videos anymore but I think I can deal with that. Sometimes sacrifices must be made.

Not much has been going on in my life this month. If you're one of those people who are in a romantic relationship, this month might have been rather exciting for you. I am not among those people, so the most action I had on V-Day was making pun-y fandom Valentines and posting them on Twitter.


A while ago I printed a few stickers of my own digital doodles. I ended up having far too many than I would ever have use for, but today I finally have something to stick one of them on!



Today I also dropped by Morning Light Art Gallery & Shop to check out what they have. They only have Sakura Pigma Microns in black (I needed a 005 in brown) and they didn't carry any Holbein paints, but they do have a better selection of paintbrushes and they also have Kuru-Toga for cheaper than I got it from Manila for!


They also have empty half pans!! I got one to put in the slot on my W&N Sketcher's Pocket Box where the white used to be. The slot is currently holding a blob of Holbein's Payne's Gray which I put directly unto the slot because I didn't think I'd find an empty half pan anywhere. When I finish that blob, I'll clean the slot and put the half pan there.

Another thing I picked up is a really fine brush for detailing, which I've been looking for for a while now. I haven't tested it yet, but if this one turns out to be good, I might come back to get a few more brushes!

The place is too out of the way though, so I don't think I'll be able to go there much.



Inspired by travel journals on Instagram and the constant fear of running out of paper to draw on, I decided to dig through my collection of unused planners and notebooks to see if I can turn any of them into sketchbooks. I tested watercolors, color pens, and different markers on a 2010 Starbucks planner and results are not too bad. It's not perfect, but I thought it was good enough to practice using markers on so now I have another book to stall using my good sketchbooks with!

Also: At some point I painted with my blood. I really like the color of my blood when it's fresh so I thought why not. Obviously I didn't put any thought into that plan. It was a mistake. Please don't paint with blood. It dries really gross and I didn't even use my period blood like that one lady did to paint Donald Trump's portrait.

That's pretty much it. I haven't really gotten excited about anything in a while and I've unfortunately been dipping low often this past week. I'm still trying to keep my head above water though, so that must count for something, right?

Maybe this weekend I can watch Deadpool with friends.

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment