November Update!


For a while now I have been meaning to change the layout of this blog, but I never got around to it because I couldn't find a template I was happy with. Although I'm still not entirely satisfied with this new one, I thought it was time for a new look anyway.

There's honestly nothing noteworthy to write about. At least, not in blog form. The mildly interesting things I have to say are more suited for the microblogging format so I usually just tweet about it. I like keeping my online life separate from my offline life--as in, I don't advertise my Twitter (where I'm most active) to my relatives--mostly because even if they manage to successfully navigate a website that isn't Facebook, I'm pretty sure the concept of fandoms is not something they'd be interested in anyway. But these days I've been thinking that I don't exactly have anything to hide on main. If they have a problem with fictional characters of the same gender cuddling and kissing, that's just a reflection of their values and not something for me to be ashamed of.

Last month was Inktober, which I am proud to say I completed. I didn't do very well. My artworks were terrible. But I think it's enough of a victory that I even did all 31 illustrations!



I probably wore more makeup this week than I did for the last six months and yet I still haven't been able to take a cute selfie! It's quite annoying, feeling kinda cute but being absolutely not photogenic. This cat takes much better photos!

The other day we went to Malagos again, this time with my aunts. I had fun taking photos of them, but I really should work on how to direct human subjects. Even the random cat at their flower shop place was easier to take photos of. It kept pausing long enough for me to take a few good shots! What a good kitty!

We ate at their View Deck Cafe where the service was pretty nice. Maybe it's because there weren't many people besides us that time. The food was decent. Nothing special. The chocolate was still really good, though. If there's nothing else, try their chocolate!





The butterfly variety was lacking, but to be fair I don't know how many kinds they have here on a good season. I did have better luck at taking a few photos of the butterflies, though! I tried to get them to land on me so my mother could take an Instagram worthy picture. As you can see, I was unsuccessful.

That's fine! I didn't need validation from butterflies anyway!!




April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment