Diary: Gimme Chocolate!!


Look who's finally updating after a million years! I know, I broke my "New Year's Resolution" as soon as I said it and I honestly have no excuse. It's not like absolutely nothing has happened in the past four months since I last updated. A few sort of major things did, actually, but I got too lazy to edit the few photos I did take and thought maybe it wasn't really worth posting if I only had literally three photos...


Here are those three photos anyway! These were from my nephew's Christening. I baked the cupcakes, while the creepy topper babies were ordered from... somewhere...




Today's adventure involves some food and nature. Actually I expected more nature, but I guess it's the wrong season for flowers and somehow the "bamboo sanctuary" we went to didn't really have as much bamboo as I expected a "sanctuary" to have. I wonder if it's just me having high expectations? I thought maybe I'd find something like the bamboo grove in Arashiyama. You know, a sort of pathway lined with bamboos. But I barely even noticed the bamboos because they looked like they were placed there only as a second thought!





Our first stop was Davao Bamboo Sanctuary and Ecological Park, which, as you can tell from the previous paragraph, did not live up to its name at all. It didn't feel like a sanctuary or an ecological park. It's more of a resort, maybe? I suppose it would make a nice venue for some sort of celebration (I liked the dome thing they've got going on), but it's not the kind of place I'd enjoy myself in, even if the pool wasn't under maintenance during our visit. I came for the bamboo because that's what their name says, not the pool or the ATV or the kayaking that doesn't even have a sizable body of water to move in.



Do you know how difficult it was to make it look like my brothers weren't kayaking in a very small space?

Admittedly, I knew absolutely nothing about this place before I came here because I was only dragged along. I probably should've looked it up first or something--the photos on their Facebook page show no bamboos at all and that would have told me to not expect anything. But, listen, if it says it's a "bamboo sanctuary", I'm allowed to expect bamboos, right?!



At least the food was okay.

Our second stop was more satisfying. We've been to Malagos Garden Resort a few times when we were children but today is the first time we've seen it since the major renovations they've done years ago. Perhaps it's because of this that I didn't have as high as an expectation. I already had an idea what to expect. Unfortunately it either wasn't the season for flowers or they no longer have that really extensive flower garden I remember they used to have back then, so I didn't get my fill of nature here either. That was fine, though! They had other stuff I really enjoyed!

They have this butterfly sanctuary that actually had butterflies! Not very many, since maybe it's the wrong season, but my mom was here a while ago with her friends and there were apparently a lot of them then. It was nice, even though I couldn't take photos of the butterflies because I wasn't fast enough.








Their museums are of really good quality, too! Although they're small and a few of the interactive stuff were already broken (these museums have little activities for kids and kids at heart), they're generally clean and well-kept, and very... pleasing to the eye? The interior design looks really nice and modern, and there are comfortable seats and the Malagos Chocolate Museum smells SO GOOD.

The moment I stepped foot inside this place I was smitten. (And also I kept thinking of that BABYMETAL song.)











Malagos also has a few playgrounds, which I wish I had more time to explore. There were outdoor interactive installation things that were educational like the whisper dish, but unfortunately most of them have fallen into disrepair. It didn't seem like they put much thought into maintaining those things properly. It's a real shame, because they were fun. They had a few different kinds of bench things that were probably also meant to illustrate some sort of science but I didn't really read the stuff there. I super loved these oversized chair things!



It eventually started raining and we were all kinda pooped after all that walking, so we had to go home. I have really weak stamina that I always end up falling asleep after like half a day out of the house... Am I doing anything to remedy this? Hah, of course not.

Anyway, here is a cake a baked:


April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment