Diary: Secdea and ECHOstore


A few weeks ago my brother wanted to sip mango shake by the beach while working on his computer so we used this excuse to check out Secdea Beach Resort which everyone and their mothers keep talking about. Unfortunately for us, it started raining just as we got there.

It's a shame because the place looks rather nice. Even if you don't plan on taking a dip at their swimming pool (the "beach" part is quite misleading. While it is by the shore, their pool seems to be their selling point, as with many resorts in this island), there are prime photoshoot spots where you can take the perfect Instagram or Facebook photo. There was even a pre-nuptial photoshoot taking place when we were there, although I'm not sure how they managed with the rain. At least the food was good.





Honestly, I was most fascinated by their big koi and goldfish. I have never seen these kinds of fish this big before!

We went there for a day tour, but they have cottages for those who want to stay over. I'm not sure if they have their own ferry direct from Davao. Since there are no bridges from Davao to Samal, there are a few options: drive and take the barge, ride a bus which will take the barge, ride a ferry or take the barge on foot. Secdea is really far from the wharf so if you're commuting, it'll cost you a lot. I suppose people who come to Secdea tend to have their own transportation anyway, but I'm just putting it out there...




After the disappointment of the rainy beach, we decided to stop by ECHOstore since we're passing by it on the way home anyway. My mom and my aunt have been curious about it for a while now and my brothers are always up for food.

ECHOstore offers a variety of locally produced products, from organic vegetables to organic cosmetics. My brother bought malunggay pesto which he cooked with for dinner one evening. It tastes exactly like malunggay.




The place is also a cafe where they serve stuff that are supposed to be healthy, I guess. My brothers tried civet coffee and some of their food. I quite liked their hot chocolate even though it was so bitter it required several spoonfuls of (also organic?) sugar. But I feel that their selection is....... an acquired taste. That or my family and I are just too unhealthy that we are completely incapable of enjoying perfectly decent organic food.




Well, that was an experience. February had too few days. Before I knew it, I already ran out and it's March. Hopefully I'll finally stop procrastinating on posting about Ludo before this month ends, and maybe even do more stuff that I can post about!




Secdea Beach Resort
Brgy. San Isidro, Babak, Island Garden City of Samal
cel. no: 0925-892-6072
tel. no: (082) 295-7912
email: secdeabeachresort@gmail.com


Unit 1 Lenel Bldg., Robinsons Highlands,
Diversion Road, Buhangin, Davao City
facebook: /echostoredavao

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment