Palawan Part 3!


I know, I know. This only took forever. Better late than never, right? Things happened and I got roped into binge watching a 54-episode show, but that's no excuse, is it? Anyway, here it is now.

The weather was much nicer on our second day. We went to Snake Island and climbed up their viewing deck, which was a little dangerous. There was no proper stairs or anything so it was pretty easy to lose one's footing and fall into certain death. Okay, maybe not certain death. If you fall you'l probably just injure yourself badly. But the monkeys there are rabid. They actually warn you not to approach if you spot one.






Right after Snake Island was our lunch stop. Unfortunately we didn't have crab for lunch this time and instead of smaller fishes we just had one big fish to share among ourselves. Smaller fish tend to be yummier, I think! Still, the food was good so we filled our bellies up well.

While waiting for our guides to prepare the food, some of us were taken to a nearby cave. The entrance was small so it was a little tricky to get in and out. Only my brothers went because I can't stand the smell at the entrance, though apparently it didn't stink inside and if the video they took with the GoPro is to be believed, the interior was quite nice.



They called this the "cathedral", which was interesting, but there's really nothing to see there.




The last island was kinda nice and it had this interesting rock that would have been really nice to take pictures with, though the wind was so strong it turned sand into weapon. It hurt and it made moving around to take pictures really difficult. However, I did like how the place with its palm trees and rocky cliff thingy felt like I was in some sort of Jurassic Park movie.

Honestly by the time we got to the last island I was already too tired to swim and was dying to get back and wash up. You can't blame me! We were gonna travel back to Puerto Princesa the same day, so definitely we were all rather pooped at that point.

In the end, I think it was a pretty nice trip despite the setbacks. I had fun and I think my companions had fun. I'm really glad to be back home now because I'm the kind of person who can't stay away from home for too long, but going out and about under the sun is sometimes nice too!

A video posted by panpandesal (@galacticlycoris) on


What will I post about next? Well, whatever it is, I hope I post about it soon. It's really long overdue!

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment