Long Time No Update!


It's been a while since my last post, hasn't it? A few things have happened since, though nothing really to write about.

My grandpa passed away within the week of my birthday. I suppose to some people that's something to write about and I did consider posting something when it happened. But obviously I ended up deciding against it. It was a confusing time, I didn't know what to say without letting my emotions dictate my words, so I just did not post anything.

I didn't write anything for my birthday either. I spent the day on an art date with friends. It was fun. Honestly it felt wrong to "celebrate" while the rest of the family mourned our loss, but what else was there to do? I wonder if my grandpa would have wanted me to spend the day at his wake instead. I haven't liked my birthday in the past few years and his passing just cemented my dislike for the day.

On the day of his funeral this cute stray kitten found its way inside my grandparents' house.

Anyway, other than that, nothing much happened. We went to Palawan for a short vacation so the good news is I will be posting some pictures in the foreseeable future! The bad news is it may take a while because there are A LOT of photos to go through and edit. Since I don't have my laptop with me, I still have to install the proper programs on the current machine I do have with me. But I promise I'll post them eventually!

A video posted by panpandesal (@galacticlycoris) on

Today we ate at this place called Nihonbashitei. The place was nice, the food was so-so for the price. I've tried better ebi tempura and gyoza. The salmon was okay. My brother really liked the tori karaage, though.

They have rooms if you want a more private setting for a small party or a meetup. I thought it was pretty cool but I think it's for people who have cars or something. Personally it's too out of the way, and I didn't think much of their food to want to go back.



That's it for this short update! I'm sorry I didn't have anything super interesting to say. The next ones will probably be of our El Nido trip, unless we end up eating somewhere interesting before I finish editing the photos... and it's quite likely. We stayed at my mom's best friend's place and she kindly gave us a GoPro to use for our trip! So now on top of the picture from my DSLR camera, I have to edit the ones from the GoPro too.

But that's a good problem, right? Hopefully our pictures will be interesting enough to make up for my long silence. Until then!

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment