INDUSTRIYA Marikina


Once again my brother brought us to a restaurant I've never heard of located at an area I didn't even know existed. In my defense, I'll probably never be familiar with Manila no matter how many times I come back here and I don't really have any interest. Can you blame me? Manila isn't exactly user friendly. 

When we went to INDUSTRIYA Marikina, it was evening. A building with clearly so much history, no matter how clean and nice and made up, is still pretty creepy at night. It's cozy inside, though, and the couches were soft enough to be comfortable but not too soft that you'd sink into it too much.



In its previous lifetime the building in which Industriya now resides was once a shoe factory and it isn't shy about it. The decor won't let you forget it, although it's not overwhelming either. It adds to the old timey ambiance, I suppose.

They have one of those vintage popcorn machines which I thought was just decoration but they served us with complimentary popcorn while we waited for the food we ordered, so I guess it actually works. The popcorn was okay and iced tea wasn't anything special. I liked that they were served in mason jars because I'm easy like that.


The weird thing about Industriya is their menu. They have Japanese and Filipino food along with steaks and pasta, and the way it's laid out on their physical menu confused me a bit. I don't know if it's good or bad, but at least there's something for everyone if you're with a group and you can't agree on what to eat for dinner.

Even so, the food was a pleasant surprise. The steak was perfectly cooked, the pasta and the soup was really tasty and even their nachos was a treat. I didn't get to try the pizza (it was apparently their best seller) so if you're willing to take my family's word for it, it was very salty and probably the one thing that didn't satisfy.

The price hurts the pocket, though if you consider that you're paying for the ambiance, the good service, and the good food, then it more than makes up for it.




Industriya also accepts reservations for events. I imagine it would make a fantastic venue for big celebrations, what with their big area and parking spaces. We went there by foot so the parking space didn't matter to us, but it was still a pleasant surprise to me because Manila is rather stingy when it comes to parking areas you don't have to pay for.




INDUSTRIYA Marikina
23 M.A. Roxas St., Calumpang, Marikina City
Contact them here.

April M.

No comments:

Post a Comment